Tuesday, September 20, 2011

on Humble Beginnings

Alright, so I'm finally going to dive head into indie game development. I finally have a very simple idea that I want to work on, and that I think would be fun to play. I will mainly try to target Java game development, so that the transition to developing the games for the Android OS might be a bit easier in the future

To start, I will dive head first into learning OpenGL. I have very (almost no) experience on the topic of graphics programming, and will tackle this first, since this will be the most fun (I hope) to work on. I have found quite the excellent tutorial on the topic of Modern OpenGL (since most are either over complicated, or out-dated) in the form of a Wikibook.

Since I believe the best way to learn something is to try and do it yourself, I will try to port these to the LightWeight Java Gaming Library, and have created a github repo for the ported code and will keep it opensource of course, so that others may alter (read: fix) it or benefit from it

So, if you're interested in OpenGL / graphics programming, java, game development or following along as I try and build my first ever game from scratch (The world's most highly anticipated: Cubic Wars) then keep an eye on this blog as I will be updated it (hopefully) often

Till the next time

1 comment:

  1. Excellent start hun, keep up the good work :)
    can hardly wait for "CUBIC WARS" :)

    ReplyDelete